180 gr butter
a glass of sour cream (the volume of my glass is 250 ml)
about 3 stacks. flour
10 gr vanilla sugar
10 gr baking powder
300 gr walnut
300 gr sugar
80 gr walnut halves
50 gr butter
5 tablespoons of honey
- For the dough, pour the flour into the bowl and grate the butter. Then rub everything together with your hands into crumbs.
- Add vanilla sugar and baking powder, and mix.
- Lay out the yolks and sour cream, and knead a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into 5 parts – 2 larger and 3 smaller.
- Close the dough with foil and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
- For the filling, chop the nuts in a blender into medium crumbs.
- Add sugar and proteins to them, and mix.
- Spread thinly over the larger part and spread over the bottom of the mold. My baking sheet measures 20 by 30 cm, I covered the bottom with parchment.
- Put a fourth of the filling on top.
- Next, roll out a small piece of dough.
- Lay out the next part of the filling. And so repeat until the end.
- Use the blunt part of the knife to bend and fasten the edges of the dough.
- Lubricate the top of the baklava with yolk and cut only the top dough into diamonds with a very sharp knife.
- Place walnut halves.
- Bake the baklava in a preheated oven at 180C for about 40 minutes.
- Then cut the hot baklava, cutting through all the layers completely.
- Combine honey with melted butter and generously cover the baklava with this glaze.
Place back in the broiler for an additional 5 minutes.