GEORGIAN CHICKEN SOUP
Chicken – 1 carcass
Egg yolks – 5 pieces
Onions – 250 grams
Wine vinegar – 50 grams
Ghee – 100 grams
Seasonings – salt, black peppercorns, bay leaf
Greens and roots for the broth – to taste
- Make the chicken broth. Half an hour before readiness, add coarsely chopped roots and spices.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the broth and chop it into pieces.
- Finely chopped onion Fry in melted butter and add to the broth, cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with salt and vinegar, beat and pour in a thin stream of 3-4 ladles of broth, and stir well.
- Remove from the heat, add the egg mixture to the soup, and mix thoroughly.
- Add greens if desired.